Tuesday 19 April 2011

Harrogate flower show....A great day was had!


We had a really lovely day at the Harrogate flower show, the sun was out all day, which brought with it the crowds, it was a real success for them I'm sure. 
 The above garden won 'Judges choice' & was really lovely, there was a great shaded area which had a partly living (green) roof, a lot of the show gardens had living roofs, it is something I would love to do in the future. It was, however, hard to get a good photograph of the show gardens as so many people were around them!
 Col & I enjoyed a good old wander around & I did treat myself to two obelisks which I am using on either side of the garden bench, I did have two lovely lavender trees there but this winter has sadly done for them, so I wanted to do something different, we were at a nursery yesterday & spotted some lovely Jasmine plants, just the job, keeps the bees happy too!

No comments: